- The State Auditor’s office will initiate our annual audit starting September 3, 2013.
- The City received three  proposals for use of hotel/motel tax proceeds – these submittals will be given to the newly formed tourism committee for their review.
- The City Council approved a contractual arrangement with Ken Craig of Shota Woodcarving to construct a main entry sign and a welcome kiosk map that will enhance the City’s visibility and promote business development. The signage will be funded through hotel/motel tax proceeds.
J Spencer's blog
First I’d like to say good-bye and fair well. You are wonderful people living in a beautiful city – it’s been a great experience working for you. I am confident that Don, the council, and the new administrator will oversee continued improvements in the coming years! Please involve yourselves in city business – it only works well when people pay attention and voice their opinions!
It looks like summer has arrived and there’s a fair bit of activity in our town.
We are busy hiring a new Public Works Field Supervisor and a new City Clerk / Treasurer / Administrator – the lead position for our public works crew and the city’s chief operations officer. With the new people will come both the standard hiccups as we get them trained and the new opportunities as we take advantage of new talents!
Spring has sprung and there is a lot of activity going on around here…
The Planning Commission/Heritage Trails committee will be holding an open house to get public input on the Big Foot Discovery Trails plan on May 7. In the meantime, please look over the materials on the large display in city hall – we would really like your input!
I’m very excited to say that we’ve finally converted to our new utility billing software, which is the last phase of updating our old financial software. We’ve moved from old black-and-white DOS-based screens and ancient dot-matrix printers to a brand new system with all sorts of bells and whistles!
The only constant seems to be change. We now have people manning the front desk at city hall:
- Heidi Jones of Carson is on Mondays
- Annette Taylor of North Bonneville is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Jim Runkles of North Bonneville is on Thursdays and Fridays
I am very excited about this arrangement as each person brings different skills which we can tap, and having three people will make it much easier to arrange for coverage when someone is sick or is on vacation.
- Continuing to look at options to overhaul of one or more lift stations.
- Obtained quotes to clean and inspect the clear well at the water pump house.
- Completed the Water System Plan for Council review.
- We are working on a report on the city’s water use.
- We are also working on a Request for Qualifications for a Hydrogeologist for the new well.
- Repaired the 30 broken pathway lights.