Administrator Report 10/23/12
- Jeff Denny started on October 1st and quit on October 9th. We are working onfinding a replacement.
- The total cost of the crosswalks and the median lines was $2,794. A very good price!
- Bryan has been working with a contractor to look for leaks in our water system. In 2011 our system records should a leakage rate of 37% -- the goal is about 10%.
- We are still working with Riverside Electric to install 240-Volt service to the gazebo for use in future concerts/events.
- Bryan had a very successful meeting with the Department of Health (DOH) for a sanitary survey of the water system – the city’s systems received high marks.
- Dave is busy following up on building permit issues.
- Continuing to work on issues with the Hot Springs facility.
- I also asked him to do a driving survey the town for code violations next time he has some spare time.
- The Court schedule will remain on Tuesdays.
- Our new court appointed attorney is Lantz Fitzgarrald.
- Tom has been on vacation the last couple weeks.
- No news.
Planning Commission is addressing the following issues:
- Temporary sign code.
- Creating of permanent tourism (bigfoot/heritage trails) signage at the entrance to the city.
- Replacing faded Heritage Trail signs
- After review of council comments and internal discussion, planning commissionis working on a large update of the Heritage Trails plan. This will incorporate the Towns-to-Trails plan elements.
- Sharon Runkles resigned from the Planning Commission (letter attached). They are now in need of two planning commissioners and two alternates.
- Preparing for the 3rd round of negotiations (date undetermined).
- Seeking ways to backfill public works personnel shortage.