The only constant seems to be change. We now have people manning the front desk at city hall:
- Heidi Jones of Carson is on Mondays
- Annette Taylor of North Bonneville is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Jim Runkles of North Bonneville is on Thursdays and Fridays
I am very excited about this arrangement as each person brings different skills which we can tap, and having three people will make it much easier to arrange for coverage when someone is sick or is on vacation.
With the beautiful weather we’re having at the start of February, many of us are thinking about getting out and about in the coming year. We have a number of great ways to get involved in our community. Please pick one (or more!):
- Block Leader Program: The Block Leader program is a great way to get involved in your neighborhood, meet your neighbors and help take care of each other. Two community volunteers, Sharon Runkles and Mary Armantrout, are working to rebuild this program. Please look elsewhere in this newsletter for an advertisement!
- First-Aid/CPR: It’s a great way to be sure you can help when the time comes.
- City Council: We have an opening for a new city councilor. The basic commitment is to showup to city meetings every other Tuesday evening (twice/month) and help make decisionsabout how to improve our community.
- Planning Commission: We have multiple openings on the Planning Commission. Like the city council, the commitment is to two evenings/month. This commission makes recommendations on land use issues and coordinates Heritage Trails/Big Feet programs.
- Gorge Days: Want to help plan our summer festival? Contact the Chamber of Commerce at 427-8911.
- Senior Center: They are an active group – it’d be worth a call to 427-5234.
- Community Garden: They’re signing up for garden plots right now! They also are working to make improvements to the garden (gazebo, flowers, etc.). Call Darlene at 427-8712.